KiKiRiKi Tous les Soirs – 3/6 – Shadow Prints
Posters Collection Dutailly courtesy City of Chaumont.
KiKiRiKi Tous les Soirs
A graphic environment based on posters from the Dutailly Collection, the historical fundament of the annual International Poster and Graphic Arts Festival of Chaumont, May 21 – June 26, 2005
In collaboration with Etienne Bernard (curator)
The central goal for the KiKiRiKi project: re-using elements from posters in the historical Collection Dutailly, creating something new that would capture the spirit of the Fin de Siecle.
Practical working method:
1. From a selection of 500 posters, black and white prints were made on A4 size.
2. The prints were attached to black sheets of paper.
3. Elements were cut with knife or scissors.
4. The papercuts were scanned, and translated to a vector outline
5. Making printdesigns in Illustrator
Below: one of six huge inkjet print on canvas, to be placed in front of the council room’s windows. Real size: W 170 x H 430 cm.
See also Wave Prints 1.